Why walk?

The Atlanta Walk to Remember is coming up this Sunday.  This is always such a beautiful day.  It never ceases to amaze me how large this community of perinatal loss is.  Last year, there were over 500 people there!  While it is so sad to know that there are so many of us who are going through this, it is also comforting to know that I am not alone. 
This is the community that has held me up and made it possible for me to keep moving every day.  Whether it is someone who has written a blog that I have read or posted in one of the online groups I look at, or whether it is someone I have met through the office who has inspired me with their story and given me the privilege of hearing about their baby, each one is part of my journey and I am so grateful for this community. 
This Sunday, I will walk for myself and my family, for all of those families I have met and those I haven't, and I will walk for Elizabeth Claire, who is always in my heart and whose name I will be so proud to read.  This is our walk....mine, yours, and all of those who are part of this journey.

If you would like to register for the Atlanta Walk to Remember, please go to http://www.planetReg.com/E7221302552608 . 

Comments

Popular Posts