Is everyone around you pregnant? 4/29/2011

Does it sometimes seem like all the people around you are pregnant?  This was so hard for me right after I lost my baby and I became a social recluse for a while.  It has been almost a year and a half since my loss and I thought I was much better.  I have many friends who are pregnant and it doesn't affect me.  But when I heard yesterday that one of my dearest friends, someone I see and talk to everyday, is pregnant, I lost it.  I spent much of the day in tears and feeling sorry for myself.  Today, I feel a little wierd.  While I am happy for her, I am so completely sad for myself.  This makes me feel very selfish and makes me sadder. 
Intellectually, I know this is normal grief.  And unfortunately, grief and sadness appear when you are not expecting it.  I never seem to have my emotional breakdowns in the privacy of my bedroom with no one watching.  Instead, they come out of the blue when I am out in public and I can't control myself.  It is just part of the process.  Anyway, just had to share.

Comments

  1. I call it the baby club, of which I am not a member. I have pretty good friends who have been very supportive through our baby loss. However, they all have or are about to have babies. They all get together for play dates or to hang out, which I am not invited too or otherwise would be able to emotionally handle even if I was invited. I feel like everywhere I go I see babies. I'm moving to another planet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts