Month of Remembering Idea # 1

One of the most special ways to come together as a family or group of loved ones to remember your baby is to make plans to attend the Atlanta Walk to Remember.  If you do not live in Atlanta, or even in Georgia, there will be walks sponsored all around the country.  My family will walk together, along with some of my friends, to remember Elizabeth.  We are having t-shirts made with her birthday on them and a copy (I think...haven't finalized it yet) of my favorite story about the Brave Little Soul on the back.  This Walk is an afternoon full of remembering and coming together with other families who are also experiencing grief.  There is a balloon release and beautiful music, along with amazing speakers.  Grief is such a lonely place--the Walk, for me, reminds me that I am not alone.  I also love the balloon release and the idea of writing my own "butterfly message" to her to send up with her balloon. 

There is really something powerful in hearing your baby's name read and seeing it in print.  It reminds me that my baby was real, that she was here if only for a short time, and that she graced our lives with her presence.  I hope that she hears her name whenever we talk to her and knows that we think of her every day.

If you haven't registered for the Atlanta Walk to Remember, but would like to, the registration link is on the front page of our website.  I am also putting it here:   http://www.planetreg.com/E72213205298   Please go to our website at http://www.northsidepnl.com/ for more information.  You can also view pictures and video from last year's Walk to Remember.
Thanks to those of you who have been sending in your ideas for remembering your babies.  I hope to post an idea if not daily, every other day throughout the month.

Comments

Popular Posts